ARCO CMC Series Capacitor
The CMC Series capacitor design incorporates high quality three phase cells which are vacuum-impregnated metallized polypropylene filled and hermetically sealed in a rugged steel welded case.
- The CMC Series capacitor design incorporates high quality three phase cells which are vacuum-impregnated metallized polypropylene filled and hermetically sealed in a rugged steel welded case. This series of power factor correction capacitors is suitable for low voltage linear applications
- The three phase cells which are used in the construction of the power factor banks are drawn steel rectangular cans which are vacuum-impregnated with a dielectric fluid to give added insulation, excellent corona protection, and a moisture barrier. The single and multiple assembly capacitor cell design units come with a manufactured 16 gauge steel weatherproof cover, and they have provision for floor, wall, or ceiling mounting pedestals. The single cell units come equipped with main lug connection, and the multiple assembly units incorporate a copper buss arrangement with a main lug connection.
Capacitor Cell Design
- The dielectric fluid used in the capacitor cells is a green Non-PCB, non-toxic, biodegradable, and Class III combustible fluid.
- Self-healing technology in case of overload, the self-healing properties of the low loss metallized polypropylene will prevent permanent dielectric breakdown.
- Internal Pressure-Sensitive Interrupter which safely removes the capacitor from service at the end-of-life or under heavy fault conditions while still maintaining the integrity of the steel casing.
- Internal resistors discharge voltage is less than 50 volts in less than 1 minute after the cell has
- Electrically been removed from circuit.
- Standards ?? UL810, C22.2 No. 190 Canadian Standards, ANSI/IEEE 18, IEC 831, NEMA CP-1, UL Recognized CYTW2, and cUL Recognized CYTW8
- The capacitor design has a total loss which is less than .5 Watts per kVAR at 60 HZ 25 degrees C.
- 240 VAC, 480 VAC, 600 VAC rated Voltage at 60 HZ
- The three phase capacitor internal connection is Delta.
- Capacitance Tolerance is + or ?? 15%.
- Overcurrent Tolerance is 135% of rated current continuously.
- Overvoltage Tolerance is 110% of rated voltage
- Standard Operating Temperature is -40 F to +115 F. Operation above 115 F will shorten the capacitor life.
Wiring Cable Insulation
- All internal conductors are insulated stranded copper wire rated at 90 C.
Fuse Protection & Indicator Lights (Optional ?? Add Suffix Letter ??L? to Catalog Number)
- The internal protection fuses are time-delay and rated at 600 VAC with the sizing based upon the nominal amperage rating of the kVAR size in accordance with the National Electric Code requirements.
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY on the capacitor cells
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.