ARCO HCMC Series Capacitor
The HCMC Series capacitor design is used in applications where the total harmonic distortion levels within the plant or facility are at a level which is detrimental to the operational life of the power factor correction equipment.
- The HCMC Series capacitor design is used in applications where the total harmonic distortion levels within the plant or facility are at a level which is detrimental to the operational life of the power factor correction equipment. The HCMC capacitor units incorporate tuning filter reactors along with high quality three phase cells which are vacuum-impregnated metallized polypropylene filled and hermetically sealed in a rugged steel welded case. This series of power factor correction capacitors is suitable for low voltage linear applications
- The three phase cells which are used in the construction of the power factor banks are drawn steel rectangular cans which are vacuum-impregnated with a dielectric fluid to give added insulation, excellent corona protection, and a moisture barrier. The single and multiple assembly capacitor cell design units come with a manufactured 16 gauge steel weatherproof cover, and they have provision for floor, wall, or ceiling mounting pedestals. The single cell units come equipped with main lug connection, and the multiple assembly units incorporate a copper buss arrangement with a main lug connection.
Capacitor Cell Design
- The dielectric fluid used in the capacitor cells is a green Non-PCB, non-toxic, biodegradable, and Class III combustible fluid.
- Self-healing technology in case of overload, the self-healing properties of the low loss metallized polypropylene will prevent permanent dielectric breakdown.
- Internal Pressure-Sensitive Interrupter which safely removes the capacitor from service at the end-of-life or under heavy fault conditions while still maintaining the integrity of the steel casing.
- Internal resistors discharge voltage is less than 50 volts in less than 1 minute after the cell has
- Electrically been removed from circuit.
- Standards ?? UL810, C22.2 No. 190 Canadian Standards, ANSI/IEEE 18, IEC 831, NEMA CP-1, UL Recognized CYTW2, and cUL Recognized CYTW8
- The capacitor design has a total loss which is less than .5 Watts per kVAR at 60 HZ 25 degrees C.
Tuning Filter Reactors
- The tuning filter inductors which are tuned to the 4.7th level are designed for harmonic filtering and U. L. component recognized. Construction consists of copper wire wound on steel cores, and the tuning filter inductors are rated for three phase operation. They are also designed and rated for 150% of the normal 50 HZ capacitor current (1.44 amperes per kVAR at 480 VAC/50HZ). Design maximum temperature rise for the tuning filter inductors is 115 degrees Celsius.
- The core is made of laminated grain oriented electrical steel (Grade M6 or better). The brackets are ASTM structural steel or structural aluminum. The coils are wedged in place and core locked in place using vertical ties or rods.
- The windings are copper wire (MW35C ?? round) (MW36C -rectangular) or copper foil. Terminations consist of tin plated copper alloy ring lugs, U. L. recognized terminal blocks, or solid copper bus. The terminations are pressure crimped or TIG welded to the windings. Sheet insulation is DuPont Nomex 410 of thickness as required for U.L. insulation systems.
- The tunings filter inductors are double impregnated (vacuum/pressure impregnated and baked by varnish dip and bake). The insulation system is rated Class H (180 degrees Celsius) at 600 VAC. The inductors are Hi-Pot tested (2500 VAC ?? 50 HZ for 1 minute) line-to-line and line-to-ground.
- The tuning filter inductors are air gapped to avoid saturation. The inductance is measured under full load and within (+/-) 5% of design value. Inductor losses in watts per unit are no greater than those listed in U.L. file #E116124.
- 240 VAC, 480 VAC, 600 VAC rated Voltage at 60 HZ
- The three phase capacitor internal connection is Delta.
- Capacitance Tolerance is + or ?? 15%.
- Overcurrent Tolerance is 135% of rated current continuously.
- Overvoltage Tolerance is 110% of rated voltage
- Standard Operating Temperature is -40 F to +115 F. Operation above 115 F will shorten the capacitor life.
Wiring Cable Insulation
- All internal conductors are insulated stranded copper wire rated at 90 C.
Fuse Protection & Indicator Lights (Optional ?? Add Suffix Letter ??L? to Catalog Number)
- The internal protection fuses are time-delay and rated at 600 VAC with the sizing based upon the nominal amperage rating of the kVAR size in accordance with the National Electric Code requirements.
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY on the capacitor cells
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.